- Start brushing 2min2x. Always brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- Floss daily. Flossing is part of being mouth healthy.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes following meals can help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Drink fluoridated water. Fluoride helps prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities.
- See your dentist. Regular dental visits will help you be Mouth Healthy for Life.
To read the entire article visit mouthhealthy.org
Josh McCormick, DDS
4455 Cowell Road
Concord, CA 94518